Looking for some simple side dishes for your next BBQ?
Check out the latest Facebook LIVE segment
Pesto Pasta Salad:
WHAT YOU NEED: (recipe from Hellmanns.com)
- 1 cup Hellmann’s® or Best Foods® Carefully Crafted Dressing and Sandwich Spread
- 1/4 cup basil pesto
- 2 lbs. ripe plum tomatoes, sliced (or halved cherry or grape tomatoes)
- 1 medium orange or yellow bell pepper, roasted and sliced
- 1 box (12 oz.) gluten-free penne, cooked according to package directions
HOW TO MAKE:
- Combine Hellmann’s® or Best Foods® Carefully Crafted Dressing and Sandwich Spread with pesto in large bowl. Add tomatoes and roasted pepper. Stir in penne; toss to coat.
Black Bean and Corn Salad
WHAT YOU NEED:
- 1/4 cup Mayo (optional)
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 can black beans, drained
- 1 can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 cup grape tomatoes or cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- handful of chopped fresh cilantro
- salt and pepper to taste
HOW TO MAKE
- Mix all ingredients together
- Serve at room temp.
Also terrific with Hellmann’s® or Best Foods® Canola Cholesterol Free Mayonnaise or Hellmann’s® or Best Foods® Light Mayonnaise.
WHAT YOU NEED
- 8 cucumbers
- 1 small red onion
- handful of dried mint
- 2 lemons
HOW TO MAKE
- Peel and cut up cucumbers into little rounds
- Slice red onion
- crush dried mint so its like a powder
- Mix all ingredients and the juice of two lemons.