I’m obsessed with Guacamole, so when I came across this recipe, I had to share. Make it for your Big Game party this weekend!
Artichoke Guacamole with Toasted Pine Nuts (Serves 4)
What you need:
- 2 tbsp. finely chopped cilantro leaves
- 2 tsp. finely chopped white onion
- 2 tsp. minced jalapeño or Serrano chilies (Optional: remove seeds and membranes)
- ½ tsp. teaspoon Kosher salt
- 2 large ripe avocados, peeled and seeded
- 1 small plum tomato, cored, seeded, and finely chopped
- 2 tsp. freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 cup marinated artichoke hearts, chopped
- ¼ cup toasted pine nuts
How to make:
- In a medium size bowl, use the back of a spoon to mash 1 tablespoon of the cilantro, 1 teaspoon onion, 1 teaspoon of minced chili, and ½ teaspoon salt together against the bottom of the bowl.
- Add the avocados and gently mash them with a fork until chunky-smooth.
- Add 1 cup of marinated artichoke hearts chopped with ¼ cup of toasted pine nuts and stir.
- Fold the remaining cilantro, onion, and chili into the mixture.
- Stir in tomatoes and lime juice, taste to adjust the seasonings.
- Serve with warm corn tortilla chips.